David E. Harris joined Sico Hoelscher Harris & Braugh in January of 2007. As a talented and zealous trial advocate early on in his career, Mr. Harris obtained more than $11 million in jury verdicts benefiting his clients in the first nine months after joining the firm.
His success for clients has continued, and today Mr. Harris’ practice includes a wide variety of catastrophic personal injury and death cases, involving automotive and tire product defect litigation, commercial trucking litigation, refinery and workplace accidents, and oil and gas litigation. Mr. Harris places a special emphasis on investigating and prosecuting accidents involving aircrafts and helicopters that have claimed the lives of innocent passengers occurring in both the U.S. and abroad.
Mr. Harris has a specific focus on automotive defect litigation and he has placed a special emphasis on the development and implementation of critical vehicle safety systems to protect human life. Mr. Harris is a staunch advocate for making safety devices standard equipment on vehicles and has published several papers exposing the history of the automotive industry’s long-time knowledge of the life-saving potential of safety systems before offering consumers advanced safety technology.
In 2011, Mr. Harris was selected as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers® Magazine, a distinction limited to 5% of the attorneys within the State of Texas. He is also a member of the Nation’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers and Top 40 under 40. Mr. Harris is an advocate for wildlife and habitat conservation, serving on the State Board for the Coastal Conservation Association and as a District Chairman for Ducks Unlimited.
- Juris Doctorate – South Texas College of Law
- American Bar Association
- Corpus Christi Bar Association
- Corpus Christi Young Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- State Board for the Coastal Conservation Association
- District Chairman for Ducks Unlimited
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Ducks Unlimited
- Coastal Conservation Association
- Top 40 under 40
- Super Lawyer
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2013, 2014 & 2015)
- Super Lawyer (2013, 2014 & 2015)
- Rising Star (2011, 2012 & 2013)