A fixture in Big Island legal circles for more than 25 years, Robert Marx has helped countless personal injury victims over the course of his career. Robert’s family came to Hawaii in 1921. In fact, some of his older clients still remember his grandparents, Bascilio and Maxima Belin. This good-humored and hard-working immigrant family put down Hawaii roots in Kalihi.
Two generations later, Robert graduated from Oregon State University in 1971 with a bachelor’s degree in political science. Before receiving his Doctor of Jurisprudence at Lewis and Clark College in 1979, Robert Marx served three terms as an elected member of the Oregon House of Representatives. While in office, he was responsible for supporting and passing important legislation in the area of nursing home care. In 1977, he was voted Senior Citizen Advocate of the Year by the American Association of Retired People’s and Retired Educator’s Legislative Committee. The following year, he served as an appointed member of the Governor’s Commission on Aging.
Robert began practicing law in Hilo in 1980. He now has offices in Hilo and Kailua-Kona, catering to people from every part of the Big Island. For over two decades, Robert and his talented staff have fought to help residents of Hawaii in the settlement and advocacy of auto accident, medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Attorney Robert Marx has steadfastly served the Big Island, devoting his entire career to the place he is proud to call home.
If you live in Hawaii and have been involved in an auto accident or other personal injury situation, contact attorney Robert Marx to schedule a consultation at one of our Big Island offices.
- Oregon State University
- Bachelor's in Political Science - 1971
- Lewis and Clark College
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1979
- Voted "Best Attorney" in East Hawaii by Hawaii Tribune-Herald Readers in 2002, 2004 and 2005
- Voted "Best Law Office" in East Hawaii in 2004 and 2005, and "Best Law Office" on the Big Island in 2002
- Member of the American Association for Justice
- Member of Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii
- Lead Counsel in $5,630,000 Record Auto Accident Verdict in 2005.
- Juror Consultant in $16,952,000 Record Product Liability Verdict in 2005
- Co-counsel Juror Consultant $5.6 Million Medical Malpractice Verdict 2006