Evan Meade is an East Tennessee native with roots in Sullivan, Washington, and Carter Counties, as well as Avery County North Carolina and Southwest Virginia. He began practicing law in 1977 with Legal Services helping those who could not afford a lawyer. In 1979, he founded Evan Meade & Associates in Johnson City, TN (now Meade Injury Law Group) and began practicing injury law throughout the Tri-Cities, the State of Tennessee, and the country.
Evan graduated from Dobyns-Bennett High School in 1968. He then attended The University of Tennessee at Knoxville, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. He obtained his law degree from Memphis State University (now University of Memphis) in 1977.
- University of Tennessee at Knoxville, B.A., 1972
- Memphis State University, J.D., 1977
- Tennessee Association for Justice (formerly The Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association;
- Board Member, 1989-2009 and Former Officer);
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum;
- American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association);
- Tennessee Bar Association