Paola Stange has been handling family law cases with knowledge and passion for years. She knows what it takes to get you and your family a fair and just outcome in your case. As well as being experienced in handling family law cases, Paola is a trained mediator, collaborative law attorney and guardian ad litem. Paola was actually one of five guardian at litems selected by St. Louis County Circuit Court Judges in 2011 to receive the Outstanding Volunteer Domestic Violence Guardian ad Litem Award.
Paola is a hard-working individual and has been working hard with her husband and other Founding Partner, Kirk, to keep Stange Law Firm, PC consistently growing since they opened the firm in 2007. Paola received her Juris Doctorate from Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia. Paola is licensed in Missouri and Georgia (inactive).
aola enjoys giving back to her community through volunteer work. Paola, along with her husband, Kirk, and Stange Law Firm, PC, received the 2015 Making a Difference Award from Old Newsboys. Old Newsboys is a non-profit organization that has raised millions of dollars for hundreds of area children’s charities.
Paola was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala. She moved to Atlanta, Georgia when she was three years old and relocated to St. Louis, Missouri in 2007. Paola is fluent in both English and Spanish. Paola is married to her husband, Kirk, who is a co-founder of the firm.
Paola, a former high school and college cheerleader, enjoys dancing and staying active. Incapable of sleeping late, even on the weekends, her family accuses her of being unable to sit still. When Paola does stop moving, she enjoys watching “Criminal Minds,” National Geographic or reality T.V. Mrs. Stange recently returned to her cheerleading roots. You can see her performances at the Vetta Soccer Dome kindergarten ISL games and the Men’s Adult Soccer League games various times per week. She is also regular at her favorite Shell gas station where she gets her signature 44oz Polar Pop.
- Georgia (inactive)
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Society
- Honors: Semi-Finalist, Oral Argument Competition
- Honors: James C. Pratt Award for Best Brief Submitted by all Contestants
- Honors: Member, Lamar Inn of Court
- Juris Doctorate
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Major: Biology
- St. Louis Collaborative Family Law Association, Member
- American Bar Association Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute, Graduate, 2007
- Adjunct Professor, Emory University School of Law, 2016 - Present
- Super Lawyers - 2016 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2016
- Super Lawyers - 2015 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2015
- Super Lawyers - 2014 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2014
- Super Lawyers - 2013 Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2013
- Outstanding DV Court Volunteer GAL Award, St. Louis County Circuit Court, 2011
- The American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) - Top 40 under 40 Missouri Lawyers for Family Law, 2014-Present
- AVVO Superb 10.0/10.0 Rating, 2013-Present
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Top 10 Missouri Family Law Attorney Under 40, 2014-Present
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40, 2014-Present
- Lead Counsel - Lead Counsel Rated for Divorce/Family Law, 2014-Present
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best Family Law Attorney in Missouri Under 40, 2014-Present
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Top One Percent, 2015-Present
- The National Advocates - Top 40 Under 40 in Missouri, 2015-Present
- Rue Ratings' - Best Attorneys of America, Lifetime Charter Member
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best for Client Satisfation Under 40, 2016
- American Jurist Institute - 2016 Top 10 Family Law Attorneys in Missouri, 2016
- Commentator, Annual Law Update, Missouri Bar (2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- Persuasive Presentation Skills for Lawyers (Commentator - 3/15/13 in St. Louis), Missouri Bar
- International Child Abduction Risk: Hague Convention and Enforcement, Drafting Appropriate Parenting Plans (Speaker - 12/6/13 in Clayton), Bar Association of Metropolitan
- International Families: Dilemmas in child custody and visitation (August 2, 2014), Missouri Bar Family Law Conference
- A Paralegal's Guide: Divorce Cases from Start to Finish, Institute for Paralegal Education (11/5/2015 in St. Louis)
- Family Law and Same-Sex Marriages: Divorce, Custody, Support & Embryos – Where It Stops – Nobody Knows , Missouri Bar (1/11/17-1/13/17)